Clients using pre-payments, where they already wire transfer an amount of money to the FBO or accounts department before the actual handling takes place.
Below is described how to use and setup pre-payments in FBO One.
How to handle pre-payments / deposits
- Once the order is created, the pre-payment can be added. To do so, select 'Take payment'
- Select the 'PRE-PAYMENT' form of payment
- Select 'Offline payment succeeded'
- Click 'OK'
- Enter the pre-paid amount already received
- In the Remarks box a remark can be added with information about when the pre-payment has been received
- Click 'OK'
- The handling order report is automatically opened upon clicking OK
- Under Payment receipts the pre-payment is now visible, including the remark added
- In the order screen the pre-payment is now also visible
A pre-payment is considered a direct form of payment: The client directly wire transfers an amount of money to the FBO's account. To be able to use a pre-payment, it must be set up as a form of payment.
To add a new form of payment, go to Administration -> Backoffice -> Forms of payment. Once on the page, select 'Add new'.
The following fields should be taken into account:
Short name: Shown to the FBO One user, clearly indicate this is a pre-payment.
Description: Add a clear description about the pre-payment.
Name on invoice: Add a clear name on the invoice, indicating it is a pre-paid amount.
Credit type: Set Direct Payment
All other fields can be adjusted according to your needs.