Currently, we only ever take payments and Invoice in one currency which is EUR, but I have a Client who would like to be Invoiced in CHF rather than EUR. Can this be done within FBO One?
Yes, this can be done following the steps below
All order amounts & Invoices for Clients can automatically appear in CHF rather than EUR where specified
- Create the new Currency
- As the only currency currently used, is EUR a new one must be created. To do this go to Administration > Back Office > Currencies (or use the Search box, top left to find 'Currencies')
- Next, use the 'Add new' button and enter the 3-letter Currency Code, in this case CHF. Click 'Save'
2. Enter the Exchange Rate for the new Currency
- Again in Administration > Back Office, locate the 'Exchange Rates' section (just below 'Currencies')
- Use the 'Add new' button to define the Exchange rate you wish to apply when Converting from EUR-CHF
- Use the 'Valid from' field to define the date from which this rate is applicable, then 'Save'
3. Create the new Form(s) of Payment
- Go to Administration > Payments > Forms of Payment
- Use the 'Add new' button to add the new Form(s) of Payment (i.e. for CHF you could have 'Cash CHF' as well as 'Visa CHF' etc.
- See also Forms of payment (Fields) for help in creating a New Form of payment
In this case three Forms of Payment have been created for the CHF Currency:
4. Assign the new Form of Payment to the Client(s) as a Default
- Use the Search box, top right, to locate the Debtor
- Under the 'Default Payment' tab, the default form of Payment (per location) can be selected
- In this case 'BILL CHF' was selected
5. Test and Assign the new Form of Payment
- If we now create an order for the Client requiring Invoices in CHF, the amounts both within the order and on the proforma appear in CHF.
- Check the amounts to ensure your Exchange rate is correct