In FBO One, many reports (handling request, handling order and supply order) show as PDF files. When a computer is configured to show those PDF files in the same window as the web browser, this can be confusing or result in problems (only partially visible PDF files). One way to fix this is to configure Acrobat Reader NOT to show PDF files in the browser window.
In some configurations, like with Internet Explorer 8, when you disable the "Display PDF in browser"-setting the automatic display of handling orders after confirming or paying them will not work. In this case, you will see a page appearing and disappearing very quickly, trying to show you the handling order but with no result. You will need to enable the "Display PDF in browser"-setting in order for FBO One to work correctly.
These are the recommended settings for FBO One:
- Internet Explorer 8: Enable
- Internet Explorer 7: Disable
- Mozilla Firefox: Disable
- Google Chrome: Disable
When using Adobe Acrobat Reader XI, please follow the instructions according to the following link and select the DISABLE option: http://helpx.adobe.com/en/acrobat/using/display-pdf-browser-acrobat-xi.html
When using an older version of Adobe Acrobat Reader, please follow the instructions below:
- Open Acrobat Reader (Via the windows start menu)
- Open the Preferences window (in Edit -> Preferences)
- Select the 'Internet' section
- Uncheck the 'Display PDF in Browser' checkbox, in Acrobat Reader 9 that looks like:
In Acrobat Reader 10 it looks like:
- Click OK to save the setting. You may have to restart Internet Explorer and/or Acrobat Reader for this setting to have effect.